Part-time: 25 hours per week
Must be eligible for the kickstart initiative (18-25 year old currently in receipt of benefits)
National Living Wage
Flexible Home Working
6 Month Initial Contract
Application deadline 15th May
About the role
The purpose of this role is to help Ladders4Action in the final stages of creating our digital content. We are looking for someone who pays attention to detail and who will help us create, branded, consistent ang professional looking videos, documents and communications. The successful candidate would also be able to access several online courses suited
to their role and interests.
Your key duties will be to
– edit training videos and recorded talks and create captions for videos and recorded talks
– develop engaging online content and create engaging graphics and infographics
– help maintain branding of digital content and with the design of physical shop items
– help with formatting and design of documents and reports, so that they are visually appealing
– You may also be asked to summarise books, videos, or documents if this is of interest to you
Essential Skills & Experience
– You will have an appreciation and interest in film/ photography / graphic design
– You will be familiar with Microsoft Office and have video editing skills or a willingness to learn
– The Ability to use Adobe Photoshop / Illustrator / Spark or a willingness to learn
– You will be Self-Motivated, Team-Oriented and Goal-Oriented with a Strong attention to detail
– You will have a commitment to equality and inclusion and a Passion for positive social change
– Familiarity with web design/WordPress would be advantageous
Kickstarter+ Details of Employability Support
In conjunction with Weston College, we will offer bi-weekly supervision to address and support discussion/learning on all these areas and you will be enrolled in the unique Weston College kickstart+ programme.
The fully funded Kickstart+ programme will support young people to get basic work skills and reduce the risk of them being long term unemployed.
The programme will give the, the opportunity to achieve relevant qualifications and provide a significant package of wraparound support enabling them to develop their basic employability skills and give them the knowledge, skills and behaviours they will need to fulfil the placement role. The experience, knowledge and transferrable skills they will gain in the placement will help them to secure further employment, employment with training or career advancement.
The wraparound support will include classroom or online based training delivered over 3 hours a week for 14 weeks. Each learner on Kickstart will have an allocated specialist employment tutor who will support them on a weekly basis with their training offered by the College. The tutor will liaise with the employer at regular intervals to ensure that the learner has positive attendance, displays teamwork and develops communication skills.
In addition, Weston College will provide the following programme of support and qualifications:
– Certificate in Skills for Employment:
– Digital Skills for Work:
– Optional additional qualifications can be included in agreement with the employer where appropriate e.g. Business Administration, Customer Service or Health and Social Care
Additional Support will include:
– As Weston College learners, Kickstart participants will be able to access the wider College student benefits such as: –
WeAreWeston support including digital skills development and careers advice; Support services including library resources and welfare; Mental Health Hub including 24/7 access to the ‘together all website; support and advice from their specialist employment tutor to identify progression and further employment opportunities