Accountability can be defined as how you ‘ensure and demonstrate responsible action’ At Ladders4Action we take a considered and professional approach to accountability. We utilise our action research approach, not only to produce evidence for accountable action, but to ensure we are continually reflecting and considering our actions. Ladders4Action considers that it owes accountability to all it engages. We take a holistic view of accountability. As seen on ‘our accountability’ page we consider that we not only owe accountability to those who fund us but that we should also be accountable to our values, staff and the communities we work with, (among others). We acknowledge that different stakeholders may have different concepts of responsible action. As an organisation, we are committed to all our values. We wish to be sensitive and respectful to all regardless of whether they share our values or not. However, as an organisation, we will not compromise our values, such as our commitment to being inclusive, in our work. Instead, we will always be open and honest regarding our beliefs and values.
- Ladders4Action is a non-profit social enterprise
- Ladders4Action is a UK Registered company limited by guarantee No. 10491972
- Ladders4Action is registered in England & Wales
- Ladders4Action is not currently a registered charity
- Ladders4Action is a non-profit organisation. Its directors do not have share capital and there is a non-distribution of assets clause in its articles of association
Income Generation Approach
Ladders4Action is a non-profit social enterprise all profits generated go back to helping more Change-Makers. To achieve the quality mark for social enterprises, 50% of the income is generated from profit-making activities.
We generate income through:
- Research grants
- Charitable grants, gifts and donations
- Peer-to-peer fundraising
- Arts funding
- Events & corporate sponsorship
- Crowdfunding, social media
- Patreon Membership